Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Michael's Edmonton News December 11 2012

Tuesday, December 11, 2012   Edmonton

All,

The Kinsman Aquatic Centre pools, both 50 m long, are for serious swimmers, I noticed last Sunday, when many swimmers left me in their dust.  I was relieved to find a bronze horseback cowboy and matching cow in Mill Woods Town Centre Mall after I dropped off a birthday gift to a friend.  "Who Cares," a documentary about Edmonton sex trade workers, followed at the Metro Cinema. 

That night I went to the Edmonton Islamic Academy, a huge high school, for a fundraising banquet for medical aid to Gaza.  Food was great.  Speeches and music were in Arabic and English, and I was among the palest people in the 800-person crowd.

On Saturday, I went to a huge Christmas craft sale at the University of Alberta's indoor track "Universiade" building.  I gawked but didn't buy. 

Later that day, after I listened to some Vancouver Co-Op Radio podcasts on the internet in the Whitemud Crossing Library, I ambled in the cold to Confederation Pool.  This was more my speed than Kinsmen would be the next day.

Cold here, -20 for two weeks, but today's -5 feels balmy.



No comments:

Post a Comment