Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Travels, a Birthday, and Find

Monday, December 24, 2012  Williams Lake

A 915-kilometre drive from Edmonton, that began in the dark and ended in the dark, brought Carla and me through blowing snow, over some icy or snow-covered roads, but some good roads, here to Williams Lake on Saturday, December 22. 

Our trusty Toyota Echo, loaded more heavily than its rated capacity, got a tank of gas in Jasper.  That gas got us the last 550 km to Williams Lake.  It will get another tank of gas today at Toosey, between Williams Lake and Anaham, on the highway to Bella Coola. 

Our Chelsea turns 20 today.  Christmas has trampled almost every birthday since she turned three.  I therefore have a morning party for her.  This afternoon we'll drive to Anaham for tonight's Christmas Eve Dinner at Chelsea's grandpa's house.

Tomorrow, Christmas Night, I will board the bus back to Edmonton.  The car will stay here for Carla to use.  At the March 31, 2013 expiry of my Edmonton apartment lease, I will UHaul truck everything from there to here.   

Much of my Edmonton furniture came from Find.  Before I leave Edmonton, I plan to stop at Find for more furniture for friends and family around here.  What is Find?  Find is an Edmonton thrift store that sells nice things at low prices.  It's profits help house the homeless:

http://findedmonton.com/

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment