Monday, August 15, 2016

Photo Free Blog

Monday, August 15, 2016   Neugraben, Germany

Dear Blog Readers:

My blog lost its photos, I noticed a few hours after I posted many.  Where photos were, only blank spots remain:  Europe 2015, Europe 2016, Canada, almost all photos, except a few from Wales, 2015.

These photos were on the blog when I checked after I posted them.  I uploaded them from my Android to Google Drive to relieve the Android's filling storage.  To post each photo on the blog, I made a URL of it on Google Drive, which saved it to the clipboard of the computer I was using, whether my Android or my sister's Apple.  I then opened the blog entry, and imported the photo via the blog's image link icon.  Each photo appeared on the blog entry when I posted the photo, and later, after I logged off and then back onto the blog to check.  Some photos I posted using the Android did not appear on the blog, so I posted them again using the Apple.  I explain all this because some reader might offer a solution, note a step I missed, or propose another way to do this.
 
A few hours later, all the photos I put on the blog, whether by Android or Apple, are gone, except a few of Aberystwyth, Wales, May, 2015.  My sister posted those, using her Apple, on which I type now.  She figured out how to do this and showed me, but I seem to be doing something wrong.

Blogged photos are superior to blank spaces, but I don't fret over this, which has taken more of our time so far than I like.   I am here to see things, not puzzle over computerizing them; but a person can do both.  The computer, indeed the internet, are mere tools.  People who use a tool better have always taught others to use a tool better.  I am open to advice, readers.

If I do not blog another photo, from this trip or from any experience, I will not feel deprived:  I will have had seen and perhaps photographed the sight, and that is worthwhile, away or at home.  I'll work on this problem and probably solve it.  For now, with a jaunty step,  I'll continue this trip of a lifetime.

I take Android photos.  I can email them to people who email me.

For now, my blog entries will be text only.

From Tuesday-Thursday, August 16-18, we will be in Berlin.  I'll paint you word pictures about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment