Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Gotta Fly Now

Boarding pass in hand, I found wifi and a plug in for the Android, two and a half hours before a plane flies me away.  This blog entry title is from the Rocky films.  I left Beiseker at ten this morning, returned the rented car by its 2 PM deadline in Edmonton, and the car folks drove me to Belgravia LRT Station.  I rode a train to Century Park, the end of steel, and I rode a city bus to the airport.  Today is part bus, train, car, and plane.  Harold gave me stuff for Maryanne when I stopped the rented car to meet him en route to Beiseker yesterday.  Baldersons were great, and Dorothy packed me two sandwiches and a banana for the road.  Lorraine fed me Tuesday lunch before I got the car.  I bought trail mix for the plane, on which they fed nobody last time. Eight hours to Iceland, two to Hamburg, and I will see Maryanne. 

The car my brother helped rent got me from Edmonton to Beiseker to visit our aunt, 87, and our uncle, 91, before I flew to Germany the next day.




















No comments:

Post a Comment