Thursday, August 4, 2016

Hamburg Arrival

I am about to go to bed in Hamburg, in a time zone eight hours ahead of Beiseker, the last place I slept, about 36 hours ago.  My sister Maryanne is house sitting here until near the end of August, and the house owner and her adult niece and a neighbor were here tonight.  Owner and niece like Maryanne so much that they let her stay, although the owner will be here for a few days, and the niece for Maryanne's whole stay, I think.

Today, my likeable sister brought me by commuter train, and bus, from the Hamburg airport to this cozy suburban house.  All here except me speak German as well as English, but they spoke more English than German for my sake.

Supper was scrumptious and you can see that I have internet access, but I cannot sign onto my Yahoo email account.  When I tried, I got a message asking me to verify my identity before it would let me sign on.  I got on that account in Iceland, but I cannot in Germany.  The places I am to find the verification code that Yahoo sent were my daughter Chelsea's Gmail and her phone.  I managed to sign onto my Gmail account or I would not be typing to you now.  I hope Chelsea checks her Gmail, whose password I forgot, gets the access code, and sends it to my Gmail, michaeljosephwynne@gmail.com.  I suspect there's a time limit for doing this, and I've passed it.  I will therefore call Chelsea's phone on Skype on Friday, August 5 at noon her time, which is 9 PM my time here, if I have internet access at that hour.   

In other news, Hamburg seems clean and its downtown was full of pedestrians, buses, and bicycles this afternoon.  This suburb has good buses and seems more like a town than a suburb.

I will add to my arrival story after I sleep off my jet lag.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment