Thursday, August 11, 2016

Not Lost in Hamburg

I did not get lost in Neugraben, , the Hamburg suburb where we are staying.  Wednesday, August 10 was my first time out alone, a rural Canadian bird trying its wings, or in my case legs, alone.  The signage is in German, which I do not speak, but my sister emailed me a Google map of the neighborhood before I left.  My Android charge permitting, I could look at this map if I got lost, but I didn't get lost.

We walked the two kilometres to the business district, had a 1.20 Euro boiled sausage in a bun from a kiosk at the front of a huge grocery/dry goods place, a tasty regular habit, and parted.  She went  on various errands and I retraced the route back to the house.  Then I boldly walked around the neighborhood and into the large green space a half kilometre away.

Daily we bring umbrellas, which usually prevent rain, but that day the umbrellas were useful against rain.

Nightly, including last night, a neighbor and the niece of the homeowner visit.  The niece stays here part of the week. The neighbor was  going on a date but the niece joined us for supper, and a sing-along later, with my sister tinkling the piano keys.

Today, more explorations, this time in Hamburg itself, a bus ride from this suburb.

Yesterday my canny sister figured out how to get the photos and videos from my crammed Android onto Google Drive, a step toward putting them on this blog.  Soon you faithful readers might see pictures, even videos, as well as words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment