Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013, in Calmar, Alberta

Tuesday, January 1, 2013  near Calmar, Alberta

Happy New Year to all, from my brother's and sister-in-law's acreage near Calmar, a town 30 kilometres southwest of Edmonton.  One of our two sisters and I came last night for a nice New Year's Eve dinner.  We welcomed 2013 on the deck under the stars.  Now we prepare to return to Edmonton under sunny skies.

They designed and built this airy, sunny house.  Their several cats live in the barn, their dogs in a shed and the house.  My generous sister-in-law gives us leftovers from last night and this morning, which featured tortiere, a Wynne Yule tradition from our dad's Quebec-born dad.

In three months I will leave Edmonton and return home to the British Columbia Cariboo.  This is the longest I have lived near my siblings since I moved to B.C. in 1991.  I am glad to see them again.

Have an inspiring 2013, dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment